EKG technicians work in healthcare facilities with doctors and technologists and specialize in electrocardiogram (EKG) testing for patients. EKG machines are complex devices that monitors the heart’s performance. This is done by attaching wires and electrodes to a patient’s chest, arms and legs.
- Performing cardiovascular tests on patients.
- Keeping patients informed on every step of the procedure.
- Identifying and diagnosing heart conditions.
- Monitoring patient blood pressure.
- Collecting cardiovascular data for analysis by doctors.
- Working alongside doctors and nurses.
- Setting up EKG components including EKG tracings for accurate readings.
- Ensuring the safety and comfort of patients.
- Maintaining high hospital safety standards.
- Monitoring EKG equipment and reporting any malfunctions